Supply Side Updates (February)
We’re constantly updating the Adform platform. Every month we share with you a brief overview of changes, enhancements, and new product launches. If you’d like more detailed information about one of these new releases or product updates, please contact your local account manager.
Mapping Buyer Names for DBM and Index
You can now see the names of the buyers who have used DBM (DoubleClick Bid Manager) and Index demand sources. Use Top Demand card in the homepage dashboard to find out who are the top buyers for DBM and Index demand partners. Otherwise, use Analytics to generate a report with the names of the buyers.
Share of Voice Goal for Line-Items
With this release you are able to guarantee a requested amount of share (guaranteed percent of total impressions) for your advertisers. Line items with “Share of Voice” goal and “Exclusive” delivery type have the highest priority and are delivered before any other. Learn more in our Help Center.
UI Upgrade: Clients, Campaigns and Line Items List
This PPAS upgrade brings you a more consistent user experience across the stack.
Features being released:
- My campaigns filter
- Sticky headers
- Sorting moved to the headers
- Infinite scroll technique was replaced by pagination
- Progress bar visibility adjustments
- Status bar was moved to the right
Automated Guaranteed Updates
- Stand-Alone Sell Side was introduced allowing you to create products in the Adform system and copy/paste them to your own ad server without an API integration.
- Orders that require action from your side (e.g. pending booking, pending reservation) are now highlighted.
- You can now see accurate time details for the order. It was only possible to see the start/end dates before.
- You can now select if the media commission is applied on Net or Gross price.
Learn more about Automated Guaranteed in our Help Center.
Mobile SDK Improvements
Improvements in Advertising SDK releases include:
- Dynamic ad sizes are now supported. This feature allows you to request multiple sizes per single placement.
- You can now use half-page overlay instead of full-screen ads.
- Any display format in addition to video pass-back can be used for in-app in-stream placements.
- Choose request type (http/https) which is going to be used in Advertising SDK.
Tracking SDK improvements:
- Possibility to send information if mobile device had sim card inserted.
- Platform name (iOS/Android) is automatically generated in "Path and Name" (e.g. Adform | Android | Download).
- Choose request type (http/https) that is going to be used in Tracking SDK.
Defining 3rd Party Publisher Ad Server for Placements, Publishers and Apps
From now on once you select 3rd party publisher ad server for placement, publisher or app, there is no need to manually enter supported macro. Instead, master tags are generated with applicable macro automatically.
Following 3rd party publisher ad servers are supported: Adtech, Cxense, DFP, Mads, SmartAdServer.
Following macros are supported: Device Advertising ID, Random Number.
GPS Data Available from Apps
You can now employ location data (latitude & longitude coordinates) received from apps that are using 3rd party ad servers SDK and thus target users more accurately.
If you are unsure of how to use or access any of these features, please do not hesitate to contact your local campaign manager, who will guide you through and answer any query you may have!