Supply Side Updates (June 2015)
We’re constantly updating the Adform platform. Every month we share with you a brief overview of changes, enhancements, and new product launches. If you’d like more detailed information about one of these new releases or product updates, please contact your local account manager.
Updates for June 2015
- Billing report template was added to Analytics > Real-Time section.
- Report provides Revenue (gross), Revenue (net), and Adform fee numbers so publishers can invoice Adform.
- Replaces the Billing report that publishers used to receive from our Billing team.
Ad Format Frequency
- Located under details for each creative template under Advanced Settings.
- When enabled and set, users won't see more than defined amount of ads matching creative template per defined amount of time (x minutes, hours, or days) across all placements that have creative template assigned.
- This works across direct campaigns (PPAS) and real-time ads coming from the Adform SSP.
Updated Help Section
- The help icon located on the top menu of publisher-specific pages now re-directs to a dedicated help page. This replaces the old version which took you to a PDF-based help document.
New Adserving & Tracking Data Segment Builder
- This tool allows you to use raw transactions (all data fields available in Master Data) together with logical (AND, OR, AND NOT) as well as comparison operators (Numeric, String, RegExp) to build audiences and use them (or sell them to 3rd parties).
- The segmentation engine runs every 4 hours and each segment can have data from one Advertiser only (segments can be shared).
- Functionality can be enabled upon request and is free of charge.
- Value proposition for publishers: Instead of doing segmentation publishers can now use Site Tracking at full scale. It is then possible to build segments based on custom rules and gathered data.
- If you also run your own campaigns you benefit from demand side advantages including Tracking Point activation, as well as the capability for Impressions, Clicks, and Events data.
Module Access in Publisher User Management
- Module access functionality within Publisher User Management has been added.
- It is possible to grant a publisher user access to the following modules:
- Inventory: Publishers and Placements, Packages, Creatives
- Supply Side Platform: Deals, Creative approval
Deal support for external demand partners
- Deals are now supported for external demand partners.
- UI changes: New Demand Partner selection replaces Public and Private plus new Buyer (agency) selection. The option Buyer option requires a similar structure to the Adform DSP but where present Buyers will be listed as external demand partners as well.
- Additional documentation: http://publishers.adform.com/documentation/auctions/fixed-pr…
- Located under the banners tab in line items.
- In the Tracking Pixels tab, user is able to add impressions or click tracking pixel on a selected banner. Click on the name of a banner, navigate to the Tracking Pixels tab and simply paste the pixel to the corresponding text box, then click the Save button, located at the bottom of the page.
Audience Targeting: IP range
- Using the IP Range targeting rule you are able to target users by their IP address. IP address values should be indicated in 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199 format.
- In order to add targeting rules click the Technical button. Then, from the drop-down menu (4) select the necessary rule and upload a list of IP addresses (in *.csv or *.txt format).
- From IP range – will target IPs listed in the uploaded file.
- Not from IP range – will not target IPs listed in the uploaded file.
Audience Targeting: Line Item Statuses:
- Prior to the line item being served it can have one of the following pre-serving statuses:
- Draft – a draft of a line item has been created
- Pending Reservation – a reservation is in progress and requires approval to change the status to “Reserved“
- Reserved – inventory for the line item has been reserved
- Pending Booking – booking is in progress and requires approval to change the status to “Booked”
- Booked – the line item has been activated but has not started serving yet
- Declined – reservation or booking was declined by a publisher
- Once the serving is started, the line item can have one of the following statuses:
- Active – line item is being served
- Finished – line item’s lifetime has ended and it has stopped being served
- Paused – serving of the line item is paused. To continue serving, set the status to “Booked”
If you are unsure of how to use or access any of these features, please do not hesitate to contact your local campaign manager, who will guide you through and answer any query you may have!