Supply Side Updates (September 2015)
We’re constantly updating the Adform platform. Every month we share with you a brief overview of changes, enhancements, and new product launches. If you’d like more detailed information about one of these new releases or product updates, please contact your local account manager.
Updates for September 2015
Introducting Automated Guaranteed
- Simplify your direct IO process using the power of programmatic
- Learn more here or read our product one pager here.
Schedules have been added to Publisher Analytics in the SSP & PPAS
- You can now schedule your reports within publisher analytics.
- The schedule option is accessed via a clock icon through the report generation dashboard.
Dedicated homepage sales dashboard in PPAS
- At launch three built-in cards are available, more will be added in upcoming releases.
- KPIs card: Publisher sales teams gain an overview of campaign performance with personalized KPIs overview.
- Top declining inventory card: Investigate inventory performance and provide insights on placements that are showing unusual drops in performance (revenue, impressions, CTR or eCPM).
- Top performing inventory card: Easily identify top performing placements (by revenue, impressions, CTR, eCPM).
Copy Existing Campaigns in PPAS
- You can now clone existing campaigns to accelerate your campaign creation process. Campaigns may be cloned with or without existing line items.
- Accessed via dropdown menu in the campaigns list.
- All copied campaigns must be activated manually.
Campaign workflow improvements in PPAS
- Creates new clients directly from campaign setup: Users no longer need to create clients before starting campaign setup.
- Campaign save button improvement: We have introduced a new multi-function button in campaign setup that connects line item setup and banner upload workflow to the campaign creation process.
New save button enables users to:
- Save; saves campaign and sends user to the campaigns list.
- Save and create line item; saves campaign and opens line item's creation page with client, campaign name and period preselected from the campaign setup.
- Save and upload banners; saves campaign and opens that campaign's banner upload page.
Line item copy in PPAS
Save time in PPAS when setting up similar line items.
- Access line item copy functionality from the drop-down in the line items list.
- Functionality copies line item’s general, inventory and targeting settings.
- Copied line item’s status is set to draft by default and requires manual activation.
- Copy line item to same campaign.
- Copy line item to different campaign (must belong to the same client).
- Set number of copies to make (max 9).
CPMV pricing model now available in Mobile In-app DSP
- New pricing model: CPMV is now available.
- Buyers pay only for viewable ads.
- On Inventory tab only Adform PMP sources supporting CPMV are shown.
- Publishers can set separate pricing for viewable (CPMV) auctions and standard auctions.
- Viewable impression monetization is based on IAB standard – 50% of banner visible for at least 1 second.
Create line items from the campaign list in PPAS
- Efficiency enhancement to the PPAS workflow: users may now create line items directly from the campaigns list.
Perfect Priority & Priority levels in PPAS
Perfect Priority (enabled on request)
- Will allow real-time bids to compete with directly set line items for each impression. This is done, in an intelligent way and Guaranteed delivery is not affected.
- If Perfect Priority is not enabled for the inventory source, real-time bids are taken into the general auction only if there are no suitable Exclusive or Guaranteed type line items.
- Out of scope: Any third party SSPs (Rubicon, Appnexus), where we don't have real-time integrations, are out of this scope.
- If Publisher uses other SSPs, then they have to add tags as Non-guaranteed line items and set/adjust line item price if/when needed.
Priority Levels (must be enabled)
- Priority is used next to every delivery type in order to fine-tune the importance of line items belonging to same type - e.g. Guaranteed with Priority 1 will be treated as of higher importance than Guaranteed with Priority set to 2.
- Mobile Device ID support in Adform DMP
- Mobile Device ID data can be used throughout the Adform ecosystem where data targeting is part of the product.
- Mobile Device ID is highly similar to existing Device ID and DSP targeting.
- Within a month you’ll be able to upload data to the DMP manually as you would all other types of segments. This will include exporting segments to Device IDs.
- Mobile segments are treated as regular segments.
DMP Ad Serving and Tracking (AS&T) Segment builder now has estimated reach
- Estimated Audience counts are now available for our AS&T segment builder.
- Results are shown immediately.
- Estimates are available for most formulas, but highly complex formulas require extra care and will be addressed in future releases. In the current version they will render a (?) result.
- It is now possible to add more than one agency’s data to a segment builder account. This has been added based on requests from large groups with more than one agency account. This means data from various agency accounts can all be mapped to one DMP account.
Customizable Audience Extension in the DMP
- Expands existing Audience Extension options by replacing the fixed threshold with the option for specifying a custom threshold.
- For Audience Extension enabled segments you can now specify a threshold level. This threshold level identifies the accuracy of the extension (also called affinity level). The higher this number is, the higher its affinity and as a result – the less the segment is extended. The lower accuracy is set, the lower its affinity and the larger the audience.
- For reference our old fixed setting was set at 70. We’ve found that 70 or higher will generate a high quality extension and is within a safe margin. If this doesn’t guarantee enough audience, it is still reasonable to lower the bar to as low as 45, which will generate results that are not extremely accurate but are still valid and reasonably relevant. Everything below a setting of 45, however, should be viewed as too general to be useful.
- By default Audience Extension is skipped for the segments that have less than 3K Unique User IDs (UUIDs) to ensure sufficient data is available to generate a high quality behavioral model.
- - For clients interested in extending smaller audiences we can enable a Custom Audience Extension feature that will allow you to extend audiences which have at least 500 UUIDs.
- We have introduced custom deal pricing on a per segment, and per client basis to better reflect the complexity of your existing relationships.
- Deals can be specified by country(ies), agency(ies) or advertiser(s) for a period of time (weeks, months, years, etc.)
- Deals can be applied on all segments or a selected segment set.
- One deal identifies one data fee, so in order to cover different segment price groups multiple deals should be created.
- Initially deals can only be created by the Adform Support team.
- DMP Deals replicate the same logic as the data fee – the price is applied on creation of the line item and will remain the same until this part of the targeting formula is changed.
If you are unsure of how to use or access any of these features, please do not hesitate to contact your local campaign manager, who will guide you through and answer any query you may have!